How can I teach myself to play the violin?
How to Learn The Violin by Yourself in 6 (Not-So) Simple Steps
- Spend at least 30 minutes a day practicing scales & basic violin exercises. …
- Practice pieces, take the hardest parts out and practice only those. …
- Listen to violin music as much as possible. …
- Watch other, more experienced violinists play.
Is it hard to learn to play the violin?
Yes, absolutely! Bowed instruments are difficult to learn. They are very complex and sensitive instruments, so it takes a lot of good quality lessons and good quality practice to be able to play some simple tunes beautifully and achieve the realistic goal described above.
What is a good violin for a beginner?
Here are the 10 best violins for beginners:
- Mendini MV200 Violin.
- Mendini MV300 Violin.
- Franz Hoffmann Amadeus Violin.
- Bunnel Pupil Violin.
- D Z Strad Model 101 Violin.
- Cecilio CVN-300 Violin.
- Cremona SV-175 Violin.
- Stentor Student I Violin.
Why is violin so difficult?
The real trouble starts with intonation (playing in tune) and as violinists we can’t use frets as the intonation needs to be flexible depending if we play in a certain key, where the melody goes, what the harmonic function is and if we play with an orchestra, pianist or string quartet.
How long does it take to get good at violin?
It doesn’t take long to start making a “nice tone” but to make a “nice tone” whilst playing hard music, that’s a different matter, that takes quite a while. To learn the violin it can take anywhere from 3 or 4 years to 10 years, and then you never really stop learning, there’s always something that can be improved.
What is the easiest instrument to learn?
The Easiest Instruments for Adults
- Ukulele. Inexpensive to buy and super fun to play, the ukulele is one of the easiest instruments to learn. …
- Harmonica. Be it blues, jazz, rock, folk, or country music, the harmonica (also known as the “Blues Harp”) is a great choice for adult beginners. …
- Bongos. …
- Piano. …
What is the easiest song to play on the violin?
Here’s a list of nine easy violin songs every violinist should begin with:
- ODE TO JOY.
- WILLIAM TELL OVERTURE.
- AMAZING GRACE.
- WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN.
- WEDDING MARCH.
- JINGLE BELLS.
- FOR HE IS A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW.
- LA BAMBA.
How can I learn violin fast?
Violin Practice Routine
- Practice at the same time every day. …
- Use a violin app to track your practice. …
- Tune your violin at the beginning of every practice session. …
- Keep all of your violin sheet music together, so that when you practice, you have everything you need.
What is the hardest instrument to play?
Here are the hardest and easiest instruments to learn:
- Violin. The hardest instrument on the list. …
- Organ. …
- French horn. …
- Accordion. …
- Harp. …
- Drums. …
- Guitar. …
Is violin easier than piano?
Piano is much easier than violin to start with. You still need a teacher for good technique, but you can get them in later when you have some basic competence. Piano also sets up a lot of skills (musical score, for instance) which are generally portable to other instruments, so it’s a pretty good choice.
Is violin harder than guitar?
There is at least one aspect of the guitar that’s harder for beginners than the violin. Guitar strings are thicker and more rough than violin strings making them harder for a beginner to press down. Many beginner guitarists complain about their fingers hurting because guitar strings are difficult to press down.
Can a cheap violin sound good?
Response: A cheap violin responds slower than a more valuable one. This refers to the delay between playing, and the note being heard. Adjustments can be made to the sound post and other parts of the violin to improve the response, but they could only go so far.
How do I choose violin size?
Measure from the middle of the left palm to the neck, with left arm and hand fully extended out perpendicular to body (as if holding a violin). Violins come in nine different sizes: 4/4, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/10, 1/16, and 1/32. 4/4 (full size) being the biggest and 1/32 size being the smallest.