What is the best microphone for violin?
AKG C414 XLS condenser microphone: Best sounding condenser mic on violin. Beyerdynamic M 160 ribbon microphone: Best sounding ribbon dynamic mic on violin in studio and live performances.
- AKG C214.
- AEA R84.
- Royer R121.
- Neumann U87.
- Sennheiser MD441.
- Shure Beta 98H/C.
How do you mic a live band?
Miking Up The Band
- Position mics close to the source. …
- Use DI (direct inject) boxes and instrument pick-ups to eliminate leakage. …
- Headworn noise-cancelling mics are worth considering on vocals. …
- Keep mic cables well separated from lighting and power cables. …
- Power all instrument amps and audio gear from the same AC distribution outlets.
How do you mic a violin?
Single Mic Placement with a Condenser
- 2 to 3 feet away from the instrument.
- Out and up from the instrument. Imagine the sound projecting out at the same angle as the face of the instrument.
- Pointed toward the area where the bow plays, somewhere between the end of the fingerboard and the bridge.
When would you use a ribbon microphone?
Ribbon microphones are the most natural mics that you can use to capture the sound of an instrument, a voice, and even the ambience of a room. Due to their figure-of-8 polar pattern, massive low-end pick-up, and natural high-frequency roll-off, ribbons really hear more like your ears than any other mic out there.
What is a condenser microphone?
Condenser mics get their name from the “capacitor” inside that converts acoustic energy into an electrical signal (“condenser” is an old term for “capacitor”). The capacitor in a studio condenser microphone consists of two metal-surfaced plates suspended in very close proximity to each other with a voltage across them.
How do you mic a piano with one mic?
Single Microphone Recording
You can capture the piano’s full sound with a single mic; place an AT2020 cardioid condenser mic just outside the instrument. As mentioned earlier, you can find the sweet spot by walking the room while the pianist plays. To prevent an overly roomy sound, position the mic closer to the piano.
What is the best violin pickup?
Violin Pickup Terms
- Fishman Classic Series V-200 Professional Violin Pickup. This first violin pickup is by the company Fishman and is a piezo-ceramic pickup. …
- Barcus Berry 3100 Clamp-On Bridge Violin Piezo Pickup. …
- Leegoal Violin Contact Mic. …
- Headway – The Band Violin Pickup.