How can I sell my used guitar?
To sell your guitar, you want to do the following:
- Research the value of the guitar.
- Get it in the best possible condition for selling (clean it up, polish it up, etc.)
- Find a place to sell it where you’ll get a good price.
- Prepare your listing (if applicable) to appeal to buyers online.
Where is the best place to sell used guitars?
Here are the best apps and websites where you can get cash for your old and unused equipment.
- Reverb. Reverb is an online marketplace where people can sell and buy used, new, and vintage music gear. …
- Music Go Round. …
- Sam Ash Music Store. …
- Rogue Music Store. …
- SocialSell. …
- eBay. …
- Rivington Guitars. …
- The Music Zoo.
How much do guitars sell for?
Electric Guitar Pawn Value by BrandElectric GuitarMin. Pawn ValueMax. Pawn ValueEpiphone$25$200Fender$20$250Ibanez$15$140Washburn$30$50
Can I sell my guitar to Guitar Center?
If you’re interested in selling your used gear, fill out the form below and a Guitar Center representative will contact you. If interested, we’ll do an in-store evaluation and make you an offer. Once a purchase agreement is made, you’ll receive payment in the form of cash, check, gift card, or store credit.
Is selling to Guitar Center worth it?
The benefit of selling to the store is that you walk in with a guitar and walk out with a check. But remember, resale value is generally half of new value, and the store has to make a profit, so they give you half of what they will sell it for. So you will get a quarter of what you bought it for on average.
Does Guitar Center give good money for used gear?
The thing about guitar center is they also sell used gear so any price they quote you would need to be one where they could still resell for a profit. … General rule of thumb is they resell at 50-60% of original value, therefore they give you 30-40% of its value.
What guitars will increase in value?
5 Guitars Which are Increasing in Value
- Fender guitars from before 1965. Today Fender is the kind of brand you can buy an affordable, good-quality guitar from. …
- Guitars built with Korina wood. A guitar made from Korina wood is like the holy grail for guitar players. …
- Japanese ‘lawsuit’ guitars. …
- Pre-WWΙΙ Martin guitars.
- Owned and played by an (upcoming) legend.
How can I sell my guitar fast?
How to sell your guitar online: 10 essential tips
- Disclose every possible defect and detail. “When selling guitars online, always be as thorough as possible. …
- Describe the essentials. …
- Take pctures near a window. …
- Shoot from different angles. …
- Save your boxes. …
- Choose fair and reasonable pricing. …
- Reply with enthusiasm. …
- Don’t be afraid of shipping overseas.
How much can I sell my acoustic guitar for?
Acoustic Guitar Pawn Value by BrandAcoustic GuitarMin. Pawn ValueMax. Pawn ValueTaylor$150$500Ovation$35$200Fender$40$110Yamaha$1$250
How old does a guitar have to be to be vintage?
around 30 years old
Does Sam Ash buy used guitars?
Sell Your Used Gear To A Sam Ash Store!
We pay top dollar for nearly all guitars, basses, amps, pedal, drums, cymbals, keyboards, live sound, DJ, recording gear, and band / orchestra instruments.
Is there a blue book for guitars?
The website is browsable by the first letter of your instrument’s manufacturer or make. It has every major guitar manufacturer and most obscure ones. Blue Book Publications: Blue Book Publications publishes a number of print guides for musical instruments, and it also maintains a subscription-based website.
What’s the best way to sell a guitar?
Sell Your Gear at These Places and Get the Most Money:
- Make the Most Money on Craiglist.
- Avoid Guitar Center (and any other used instrument store like Sam Ash, Music Go Round, etc.)
- Avoid Ebay (and their super high seller fees)
Do pawn shops take instruments?
The best place to sell musical instruments in the least time possible and without hassle is at a pawn shop. A little known secret about pawn shops is that they will buy your used musical instrument outright from you if they consider it a desirable item they can easily resell in their shop.