Where can I sell my guitar?
In conclusion, sell your gear on Craiglist and Reverb if you want to get the most money for your musical instruments and other music equipment. Only resort to Ebay or shops like Guitar Center if you need the cash ASAP.
How can I sell my used guitar?
To sell your guitar, you want to do the following:
- Research the value of the guitar.
- Get it in the best possible condition for selling (clean it up, polish it up, etc.)
- Find a place to sell it where you’ll get a good price.
- Prepare your listing (if applicable) to appeal to buyers online.
Where is the best place to sell used guitars?
Here are the best apps and websites where you can get cash for your old and unused equipment.
- Reverb. Reverb is an online marketplace where people can sell and buy used, new, and vintage music gear. …
- Music Go Round. …
- Sam Ash Music Store. …
- Rogue Music Store. …
- SocialSell. …
- eBay. …
- Rivington Guitars. …
- The Music Zoo.
How much do guitars sell for?
Electric Guitar Pawn Value by BrandElectric GuitarMin. Pawn ValueMax. Pawn ValueEpiphone$25$200Fender$20$250Ibanez$15$140Washburn$30$50
Does Guitar Center give cash for used gear?
In most locations* we offer up to a $500 cash payment for your gear. Beyond $500 will be paid with a check† or Guitar Center Visa® Prepaid Card**. All payments are made the same day of the transaction.
What guitars will increase in value?
5 Guitars Which are Increasing in Value
- Fender guitars from before 1965. Today Fender is the kind of brand you can buy an affordable, good-quality guitar from. …
- Guitars built with Korina wood. A guitar made from Korina wood is like the holy grail for guitar players. …
- Japanese ‘lawsuit’ guitars. …
- Pre-WWΙΙ Martin guitars.
- Owned and played by an (upcoming) legend.
Do pawn shops take instruments?
The best place to sell musical instruments in the least time possible and without hassle is at a pawn shop. A little known secret about pawn shops is that they will buy your used musical instrument outright from you if they consider it a desirable item they can easily resell in their shop.
How much does Guitar Center give for trade ins?
Guitar Center pays out 60% of what they will tag your gear at. Well, technically 50–60% depending on the quality of what you bring in/ the sales associate/ manager that approves the pricing.
Where is the best place to sell musical instruments?
eBay, Reverb.com, Facebook and Craigslist are four of the most popular platforms to buy and sell used music gear online. Chances are you’ve heard of all of these, but you might not be 100% sure which is the best platform in terms of ease of use, safety and getting the best price.
Is reverb better than eBay?
10% on eBay vs. 3.5% on Reverb is really a no brainer. Even if I had to sell my gear a bit lower on Reverb, I’d still likely make more since I keep more of the profit. … As a seller, you make nothing off shipping so to have a fee charge on the shipping cost is a bit absurd to me.
How do I sell used instruments?
There are a number of online venues to visit when deciding where to sell musical instruments and equipment:
- eBay. Ebay.com is a trusted platform for selling music equipment. …
- Craigslist. …
- Trading Post Sites. …
- Going Mobile: Mobile Apps that Can Help You Sell Locally. …
- Brick-and-Mortar Musical Instrument Stores.
How old does a guitar have to be to be vintage?
around 30 years old
Is there a blue book for guitars?
The website is browsable by the first letter of your instrument’s manufacturer or make. It has every major guitar manufacturer and most obscure ones. Blue Book Publications: Blue Book Publications publishes a number of print guides for musical instruments, and it also maintains a subscription-based website.