How do you read guitar chords?
Reading Guitar Chord Charts
- the right vertical line represents the 1st string.
- the left vertical line represents the 6th string.
- the horizontal lines represent the fret bars.
- the space between the horizontal lines represent the frets.
- the dots tell you where to put your fingers.
What is the Bm chord?
The Most Common Version. Unlike some other commonly used minor chords (like Em or Am), the B minor chord doesn’t use any open strings. For this one you must use one finger to fret multiple strings in what is called a “barre chord.” Your index finger rests across every string but the low E.