How do I connect my amp to my computer?
The easiest way to connect the audio output of your computer is to use the “line” output of your sound card. We recommend a stereo 3.5mm mini phone plug to dual RCA cable or mini plug to dual RCA jack adapter with a RCA jack stereo cable to go to the audio input of your sound system, such as the “aux” input.
How do I connect my guitar amp to my laptop?
Place your standard guitar cable into your guitar. Plug the opposite end of the guitar cable into the pre-amp’s input port. Insert a USB, Firewire, or Optical cable into your pre-amp’s USB or Firewire out port. Plug the other end of this cable into your laptop’s USB or Firewire in port.
How can I play my electric guitar through my PC?
What You Need
- Your electric guitar.
- Your guitar cable that you would normally plug into the amp.
- A laptop, PC, or Mac with an open USB port.
- An audio interface.
- A USB cable to connect the audio interface to the computer.
- DAW software on the computer.
How do I connect my instruments to my computer?
You can connect an electric instrument directly to the computer’s audio-in port, if your computer has one. The computer audio-in port is a 1/8-inch mini input, so you will need an adapter or cable to convert the 1/4-inch phono output from your instrument to the 1/8-inch audio line-in port (mini input) on the computer.
How do I get digital audio output from my computer?
Connecting digital powered speakers
- Connect a digital audio coaxial or optical cable to a Digital Audio Out connector on the back of your PC.
- Connect the digital audio coaxial or optical cable to the speakers.
- Plug in the speaker system power. Refer to the speaker documentation.
- Turn on the speaker system.
Can I plug a guitar into a line input?
Although the connectors and cables from your typical guitar rig look like they should be compatible with the 1/4″ line-level inputs on a mixing console, they’re not. … Plugging your instrument directly into a console’s line-level input jack usually results in a low-level, wimpy signal.
Can I plug my amp into my interface?
If your amp has a “line out” or headphones jack, then you should be able to connect that to the audio interface. … However do not plug speaker output(s) into the inputs of an audio interface — this will surely break the amp or the interface (or both).
What do I need to record guitar on my computer?
Here is a quick run-through of a basic home guitar recording setup:
- An audio interface – this allows you to connect your guitar to your PC.
- Microphone – while you can record electric guitar without one, it’s handy to have.
- A DAW – a Digital Audio Workstation is the software you use to record, sequence and mix your tracks.
Can you use iRig on PC?
iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC — iRig HD 2 works everywhere you do. All the cables you need to connect it to the latest devices are included, and iRig HD 2 is class compliant so it works with all your devices and computers.
How do I connect my headphones to my guitar?
Simply plug your headphones into the headphones out jack and you’re good to go. While many modern amps provide 3.5mm headphone jacks (1/8″ standard headphone size), some use a 6.3mm (1/4″) output (the same size jack as your guitar cable). You will need to use an adapter to connect your headphones to your guitar amp.